Saturday, November 08, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!!!!!

As of October 17th, I am engaged to Kaitlin Wiggins!! I wanted to update this blog sooner, but have been overwhelmed with school work, and have not had time.
However, after purchasing the ring, I did some good planning, and made a 12 page story of Kaitlin and I.
After making the story just how I wanted it, with lots of pictures of us together, I printed it on nice paper at a print shop here in Spokane. Then I worked out with two of Kaitlin's room mates that one would take Kaitlin out to coffee that Friday morning (Oct. 17th) at 11 am, and one would be at their house to let me in.
However, due to Kaitlin planning to do a school project that Friday morning, and not letting me know until late Thursday night, the coffee plan did not work. However, Kaitlin was still out of her apartment, so I went down, and placed 18 multicolored roses on her desk in her room, and placed the first few pages next to the vase, with a note that led her to the next few. I had three different sections hidden in her bedroom, and then the next two were up at my place, and then from there the scavenger hunt lead her to Manito park, where I was waiting at a bench that was on a hill over looking the flower gardens. Once she got to me, I read her the last page, and then got down on one knee, and proposed.
She said yes, and started crying, and I did too. It was very good, and while I had to be a bit flexible, it was well worth it, and I am very excited about our future together.
We will be graduating in mid-December, and then after the holidays, will be heading down to Tuscon, AZ together. We plan to live and work down there for at least a year.
We don't yet have a date set for the wedding, since things are so crazy for us right now with school, graduation, finals, and everything. Once we get to Tuscon, AZ and start working, we will plan out the wedding. We are planning to have it here in Spokane, and hopefully late spring/early summer 2009.
Yeah, pretty crazy to think that I am now engaged, but it is very good.

3 comments:

Geoff said...

congrats bro.

Unknown said...

I would like to invite you and Kaitlin to a new once a month worship night that is starting this month, November 25th at 6:30 PM. Thereafter it will be on the last Tuesday night of every month. The address is 112 E. 1st Ave. If you would like more info, please email me and I will send you a flyer.
cherylrector65@hotmail.com

Gabriel Tyler Knox said...

so cooooool man. so cool. i'm jealous, not of you, but of Kaitlin...if you know what i mean ;)