Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lots of big changes......I'm married!!!!

The past month has been very exciting, and fun, and has held many big changes in my life. First off, I was busy finishing up my undergraduate program, and had to complete 120 hours of clinical/practicum in the emergency department at the largest hospital in town. That was a great learning experience, and it will serve as a great transition from school into practice.
Kaitlin and I are now married!!!! I know it is a HUGE commitment, but it is one that I know I am ready for, and Kaitlin is as well. We had originally planned to have the wedding next spring, but since we are moving down to Tucson, AZ very soon, and starting full time nursing jobs there, we didn't think we would have much time for planning a large wedding, and we didn't want the extra stress. Most of my family and some of Kaitlin's were already coming to Spokane for our graduation on the 14th, and my family had already reserved a large private dining room at the Davenport Tower Hotel (one of Spokane's finest), and so we thought hey, lets see if we can get married then. We were able to have our pastor perform the ceremony, and get Kaitlin a dress, and a fancy cake. Amazingly, a much larger amount of our families were able make it up on only 13 days notice, and we felt very blessed to have them there. It was an intimate wedding, with just our family present.
We are hoping to have a large party/celebration next summer that we will invite our friends to come to, and it will be held in Spokane.
It has been an exciting week to say the least! On top of everything else we now have about 3 feet of snow in our front yard. We were planning on driving from Spokane down to Tucson, the day after Christmas, but due to the crazy weather have instead decided to ship our cars down, and fly down. So, next Monday the 29th we are flying down to our new city, Tucson.
I am so thrilled to be married to Kaitlin, and feel that I am immensely blessed to have her as my wife! Life is good, and I am excited for a wonderful new year! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you in readerland.

No comments: