Saturday, January 05, 2008

A new year

Well, a new year is now upon us. I hope it is a good one, and while I am not much of a person to make new years resolutions, I am going to try and do some things differently this upcoming year.
First I am going to try and spend more time with friends, my girlfriend, and my family, and try and plan fun things to do in the time spent with them. I believe that this will not only make the time more enjoyable, but will also will deepen the relationships.
Second I plan to do well in school this semester, but also leave time for life outside of school to do other things, such as go skiing, go for walks, read books that are not medical textbooks, and exercise.
While it is easy to say these things now, and then let life happen and forget these goals, I am going to try to remember them, because life is not all about school, nor 'preparing for the future' but it is important to have some time to enjoy today as well.
Life is a wonderful gift that we are given, with an unknowable future. I think one of the best ways to show our appreciation of that gift is to enjoy today, and not let life pass us by. While preparing for the future and getting a college education are worthwhile goals, it is easy to let that be the main focus, and forget to enjoy each day.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Go Cougs!